Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Starling Murmurations....


 Today my friend Lon ( fellow artist and bird lover) and I went to the Somerset Levels to witness Starling Murmurations - this is when hundreds and thousands of Starlings flock together from all over the place to roost for the night. This natural spectacle has been televised on a number of tv shows such as Springwatch...and not only has it ticked a box on my 'Things to do in 2012' list, but its ticked a box on my 'Things to do before I die' list. It was AWESOME....a totally breathtaking experience which I can thoroughly recommend! The scenery alone was stunning, as was the sunset.  Here are a few of my favourite photos from today. Look closely - there are thousands of teeny tiny birds in every pic...I feel another painting coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment