Sunday, January 8, 2012

A visit to my feathered friends...

Today I managed to pop down to wish my feathered friends 'A Happy New Year!'  Having not seen them since before Christmas, I was really excited to see the Owls in action in the Twilight Zone...and even put on a glove and 'flew' Woolley the Indian Eagle Owl. He was followed by George and Eve, the Barn Owls, Elvis the Great Grey Owl, Ulu the White Faced South African Scops Owl and then, a lovely treat - Ruby, the Milky Eagle Owl came out to say hello! As usual, I took plenty of photos, and came away inspired to paint some new paintings... I have already made paintings of Woolley, George, Ulu and Elvis, so I wonder who will be next??? It just might have to be ruby, with her beautiful pink eyelids!

Here's one of the photos I took of Ruby, with her falconer, Gary. (You may recognise him from the painting in my previous post!)


No comments:

Post a Comment